Having braces doesn’t necessarily entail highly visible metal brackets and wires. In fact, many of today’s braces are made from either clear or natural tooth-colored materials to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional braces.
What are the differences between clear braces and clear aligners?
Clear braces are the same as traditional metal braces except they are clear! Clear braces are a less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces, and they provide patients with an equally effective treatment.
Clear aligners are different from clear braces. They consist of pieces of hard plastic designed to fit into your mouth like a mouthguard. Clear aligners are great for patients who require minor orthodontic treatment.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of clear braces?
As with any orthodontic treatment, it is important to choose the right option for your needs and lifestyle. Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces; however, you and your orthodontist will know if they are the right treatment for you.
Advantages of clear braces:
- Appearance: Ceramic braces and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Clear and ceramic braces offer an aesthetic alternative for patients who desire an alternative to traditional metal braces.
- Confidence: Many patients who choose ceramic or clear braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment, especially knowing that people are focusing on their smiles rather than their braces.
Disadvantages to clear braces:
- Cost: Ceramic and clear braces may cost more than traditional metal braces.
- Discoloration: The clear elastic ties used with clear and ceramic braces may become slightly discolored from tea, coffee, or wine as well as certain foods or smoking. Ask your orthodontist about how you can keep your braces looking their best.
- Treatment Time: Orthodontic treatment with clear or ceramic braces may take longer than traditional metal braces. If you don’t mind investing a little more time in your smile, then talk to your orthodontist to find out how long your treatment time will be with clear or ceramic braces.
Are clear or ceramic braces the right choice for my smile and me?
By talking to your orthodontist, you can decide if clear or ceramic braces are the right treatment for you. Your orthodontist can provide answers to your questions as well as extra information that explains the benefits of each treatment. If you would like to learn more about clear braces, ceramic braces, and all the options available to you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment today.
Clarity Ceramic Brackets
A Perfect Combination of Strength and Beauty
You deserve the confidence that comes with having a beautiful smile. With Clarity ceramic brackets, you’ll have a lot to smile about, even before your braces are removed! By incorporating the strength and function of traditional braces with the aesthetics of translucent ceramic, Clarity brackets can give you the same orthodontic results without the need for large, noticeable metal braces. They move teeth with the same efficiency as traditional braces and are safe to use for patients of all ages.
The Beauty of Clarity Brackets is Clear!
- With a comfortable design and an attractive, translucent appearance, your Clarity orthodontic experience will leave you smiling!
- Made of innovative new, ceramic material for an attractive appearance, Clarity brackets are also extremely durable and fracture resistant.
- Because Clarity brackets blend in with your natural tooth color, you won’t be reluctant to show off your smile.
- With a small, smooth design, Clarity brackets are comfortable to wear and easy to clean.
- The ceramic material used for Clarity resists staining, so you can eat and drink all your favorite foods and beverages without worrying about discoloration.
- Clarity brackets are trusted and used by orthodontists worldwide and have helped more than one million patients get beautiful smiles.